FEBRUARY 11TH, INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMEN AND GIRLS IN SCIENCE
On the 13th of February we did a Skype videoconference with a female marine biologist, Nathaly Porter. We asked her questions, but we didn´t see her.
WATCHING THE PRESENTATION
We watched her Power Point presentation.
MEETING THE MARINE BIOLOGIST
Later, the marine biologist came to our classroom and we realized that Nathaly Porter was ...
- By region - Africa - Americas - Asia - Europe - Oceans - Polar
- Habitats - Build an online habitat - Build a biome
- Food - Please DO feed the animals - Animal diet game 1 and 2 -
- Animals - Endangered animals - Classification - Animal mistery - Bugs and insects - Birds - Farm animals1 - Farm animals 2 - Farm animals 3 - Pets - Reptiles and amphibians - Sea animals 1 - Sea animals 2 - Zoo animals1 - Zoo animals 2 - Wild animals 1 - Wild animals 2 - Wild animals 3
- Body parts - 1 - 2
- Wordsearch - Farm animals - Sea animals - Wild animals - Insects
Look at the links to complete each section of your AAU MAGAZINE.
INTERESTING INFORMATION and AMAZING FACTS
Check the following to write the description of your animal and some amazing facts about it.
- Animal Facts Sheets
- National Geographic Kids
- Science Kids
- CoolKid Facts
- REGIONS - Africa / Americas / Asia / Europe / Oceans / Polar
- CREATUREPEDIA - Find out about amazing animals by GROUP, REGION or HABITAT.
- Meet the animals (VIDEOS) - Click on the animal you are interested in and watch the video.
Here you will find stories where animals are the main characters. Choose one to add to your magazine.
- Animal Stories
- Story Nory (animal stories): - page 1 - page 2 - page 3
- Animal Stories for Kids
- Fables: - The Ant and the Grasshopper - Tortoise and the Hare - Lion and the Mouse
- The Ugly Duckling
- Puss in Boots
Check these links to read news about animals. Choose one piece of news to present to your class and to include in your magazine.
Choose the puzzle you want to make and click on the link.
- Wordsearch image / text
- Choose the correct spelling / word
- Read and choose the picture
- Read and write
- PuzzleMaker: wordsearch - crossword - double puzzle - cryptogram - wordsearch with message